3.04.2009

I won't even apologize for the rare blog posts anymore. At this point, my apologies have become cheap and too easily given so how can you, my dear readers, take me seriously? All that I can say is that I promise that posts will become more frequent as the weather gets nicer. Believe me, you would not be interested in seeing the dirty coat and boots that I wear daily. I'm hardly interested and I'm the one who has to wear them!

Anyhow, I can hardly express my gratitude for those of you who continue to tune in. I will try, however, by cluing you in to the fact that Built by Wendy is currently having a sample sale. I just bought a summery chambray top (now $10) and a t-shirt (now $20) that I've been longing for since seeing it on the drummer at the She & Him show that I went to with Rachel this past summer. The bummer is that shipping is a whole eleven bucks, but I guess if you consider that the t-shirt was marked down from $45, it doesn't seem too bad. Recession be damned!

Since I don't have any outfits to share with you, I thought that I'd share a couple of images from my inspiration folder (all of our computers have 'em).



If this economic depression can bring about one good thing, I think that it's the return of men dressing like this.


Jean Shrimpton visits the doll hospital.


Maybe my favorite image ever. If I had it my way, I would always dress like a member of a depression-era (I'm seeing a theme here) circus... without the poverty, ostracism, and animal cruelty.


Only Chloe Sevingy has the confidence to pull off a turban with what looks like a romper.


On the set of Roman Holiday.


I'm in constant awe of how stylish Michelle Williams is. Constant. Awe.


Oh, Marianne Faithful. I will resist the punny commentary that your name presents and focus on the sunglasses... and the bangs... and maybe the ruffles, too.

There are plenty more images to show, but I still need material to get me through the rest of the season.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

THAT SHIRT IS ON SALE?! I've been stalking it since She&Him. I think I need it.